Friday, September 5, 2008

A Break in the Story...

I don't have any "bits" of story to post today, but do have other news. We moved my mom home to hospice care on Tuesday. She has finally relaxed, which is hard on us but I am sure, good for her. She is no longer nearly as responsive as she was in the hospital and she doesn't feed herself or get up nearly as much. It is hard, but I know that she needs to relax. I think that hardest part is that she doesn't really talk much anymore. In the hospital, she was talking and alert. Now she is mainly asleep with a few breakthroughs here and there. We have had some wonderful hospice nurses here and are just trying to enjoy this time.

Tonight on ABC, NBC, and CBS, there is a special called "Stand Up To Cancer." I cannot wait to watch! In looking through obituaries in Dallas, 75% of deaths are due to cancer. It is so scary to think that "THIS MANY" people are being affected by this horrible disease. I think it is time that we all make a stand! This special is being aired at just the right time!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Mrs. Demler said...

Lauren,
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. As someone who has a parent with cancer, I can only imagine what you are going through right now. As the tears stream down my face, I am already praying for you and your family's strength at this time, and for the peace of God to be with your Mom. May God place his sovereign hand on all of you.
Love,
Jena