Monday, February 25, 2008

Tagged...Random Thoughts

Ashley Purnell tagged me. I am not sure EXACTLY how this works, but I think that I am supposed to write 7 random thoughts. So here goes...





1. I wish cats would look in their food bowls before meowing for hours in an attempt to get their owners to give them food. Andy cries to me every morning in an attempt to get me to follow him into the kitchen and fill his bowl. If he would just take the time to go and check the bowl, he would see that 95% of the time...it's full!





2. I really like tofu! Sometimes the thought of meat disgusts me. I am not a vegetarian, but I regularly eat tofu or meatless "meat." But sometimes all I want is a good steak cooked medium rare. Yum!





3. I love magazines. I subscribe to Glamour, Parent, Working Mom, Good Housekeeping, Redbook, Domino, SELF, and US weekly! I love to take a warm bubble bath and read magazines. It is fun to open the mailbox and have a new magazine waiting for you a couple of times a month. It's a pretty inexpensive indulgence.

This is hard to do...



4. The worst concert that I ever went to was a Dave Matthews (Gasp!) concert in the Woodlands after it had been raining. It was hot and muggy. Dave played only instrumental music and I mean ONLY! No words. After driving almost 3 hours to see the show, sitting in the hot, muddy, mosquito filled park, he played instrumentals...We had to drive back to Austin that night too. I don't think that Mindy and I will ever forget that night. I have forgiven Dave but sitting here listening to Satellite on my iPod reminded me of how mad I once was at him!

Ummm....



5. Are they ever going to come up with a cure for cancer? I wish that some really brilliant scientist would develop a cure or at least a drug that suppressed those wildly dividing cells that become cancers. I remember when AIDS was the scariest disease ever. Not that it is "unscary" now, but they have made such strides in prolonging the lives of HIV and AIDS patients. Magic Johnson has been kick'in it for years and years. Can someone come up with a magic cancer drug too? Please?





6. I am going to attempt to make Pad Thai for dinner tonight. I got the recipe from Redbook. The picture in the magazine looks great. It's from a cookbook called "Skinny Bitches in the Kitchen" or something to that effect. Anyway, I love cooking so this will be a new adventure in the kitchen for me. Hopefully it tastes as good as the picture looks.





7. For the first time in many years, I did not watch the Oscars last night. I watched Dora with Olivia and read magazines. I was asleep by 9:30 p.m. I feel great today. It was totally worth it. I hadn't seen any of the movies anyway. It is too hard to see movies in the theatre with a toddler. I still really like to watch the stars on the red carpet. But, last night I decided to "forgettaboutit." I did see a picture of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie on MSN this morning. They were at some independent film award show over the weekend and if Angie isn't preggo then she needs to order a copy of the above mentioned cookbook. She hasn't gone public with the pregnancy yet, but HELLO? Does she really need to with pictures like this circulating?



I am not sure about copying pics from other sites. Like that many people are really going to read this! HAHA! But anyhow...this is from MSN.Com and the Independent Spirit Awards. I personally did not snap this photo of Brad and Angie. (Though we are close friends!)

So now, I tag someone...and I really don't have to many options...so Elissa...GO FOR IT!

No comments: