Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Whole Random Thoughts Thing...

Once you start thinking "random" thoughts, you just can't stop. Have you ever noticed that when you go to a restaurant with a child they say "A table for 2 1/2?" As in 2 adults and 1 child. But why is the child a half? (I am sure that this is just restaurant jargon.) If you think about it though, are kids really just 1/2 of a real person? My "mini-me" is certainly a whole person. And what if you have 2 kids? Is that considered a table for 3 (2 wholes + 2 halfs)? And if so, then how do they know to put 4 chairs instead of just 3? This makes hostessing seem pretty complex.

For those of you that were wondering, the Pad Thai turned out okay. Adam says it was good, but I think that he was just being nice. It's definitely worth another shot. I have got to get thicker noodles next time though.

And if you need a good movie recommendation, "Why Did I Get Married" is excellent. My friend Sara recommended it and it was great. Definitely watch it with the significant other, but without the kids.

No comments: