Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another Day to be Thankful

Last night I laid in bed thinking of all the things that I wanted to say here today, but now that I am sitting in front of the keyboard...it has all escaped me. My mother is still hanging on. Things are slowly progressing and I am thankful for the "slow" part. It is hard to watch, but at the same time, I am so grateful for every conversation and every little laugh. (And we have had a few...)

We had a relaxation therapist that came to visit and ended up tipping my mom's bed almost completely backwards and locking it in that position. It was not funny at the time since my mother has 2 growing tumors in her belly, but we continue to laugh about it now. Once my mom was rescued, the therapist wanted to continue her "relaxation" session...Go figure!

There was the lay visitor from the church that could not hear and walked into a wall...literally!

Adam, Elissa, and I got stuck in a hospital elevator with 7 other people for over 10 minutes. Then we got out and immediately got stuck in another elevator. (I know, why take the elevator again? We were on the 15th floor!)

It has been one thing after another. Some funny, some sad, some bittersweet, but all worth it!

I appreciate the continued prayers, good wishes, phone calls, e-mails, text messages etc...I am sorry that I have not returned calls and text messages. I don't think that I have ever been so tired. Between spending nights at the hospital, being pregnant, and being emotionally drained...it gets hard! Please know that I am so grateful to ALL of you and will never forget this outpouring of support and love.

Until later...

All My Love!

3 comments:

Amy H said...

what craziness! well hang in there and just know that we are thinking of you all the time. I check your blog daily for updates.

Amy

The Shingletons said...

We are praying for you family. So excited about the pregnancy! You are in our thoughts. Love you, Shawnah

The Shingletons said...

That should be "your" family.