Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th

This morning I was reading my Max Lucado Inspirational Thoughts for Each Day of the Year devotional book. (Grace for the Moment, Volume II) Today's message really made me think, so I thought that I would share.

The page is titled "God Sees What We Can't."

The verse "No one is like the Lord our God, who rules from heaven." Psalm 113:5

The message:

On a trip to the United Kingdom, our family visited a castle. In the center of the garden sat a maze. Row after row of shoulder-high hedges, leading to one dead end after another. Successfully navigate the labyrinth, and discover the door to a tall tower in the center of the garden.

Were you to look at our family pictures of the trip, you'd see four or five family members standing on top of the tower. Hmmm, someone is still on the ground. Guess who? I was stuck in the foliage. I just couldn't figure out which way to go.

Ah, but then I heard a voice from above, "Hey Dad." I looked up to see Sara, peering through the turret at the top. "You're going the wrong way," she explained. "Back up and turn right."

Do you think I trusted her? I didn't have to.

But do you know what I did? I listened. Her vantage point was better than mine. She was above the maze. She could see what I couldn't.

Don't you think we should do the same with God?

--From Next Door Savior

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think that I liked today's message so much because it seems so simple, yet it's something I always seem to forget. God is watching our every move and trying to guide us to Him. If we just trust Him and listen, He will lead us through the maze of life and to Him for eternity.

1 comment:

The Purnell Family said...

Thanks! I needed that reminder today too. I am always trying to figure my own way. Not a good idea.