Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November in Texas

We sat outside tonight at our new picnic table (thank you Grandma) on our patio and had homemade bean soup for dinner. I hate the hot Texas summers but I absolutely love our fall and winter seasons. It was about 65 degrees outside. We all had on short sleeves, except Amanda, and the soup was just enough to keep us warm. After we ate Adam pushed Olivia on her swing and I sat there thinking...life is good.

Bean Soup

2 cans pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 onion sauteed
1/2 cup cilantro chopped (I like more, add as much as you like!)
3 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
dash of garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
*I also add 3 tbsp Pinto Bean Seasoning made by Fiesta Brand Seasonings

Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Great with corn bread!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Amen to fall and winter weather here. Too bad fall just doesn't start until late-October. :-)