Friday, May 30, 2008

6.1

As many of you know, my mother has been battling ovarian cancer since July 2007. She finished radiation and chemotherapy about 2 months ago, but still has to go in for monthly blood work and testing to make sure that the cancer has not returned. The past couple of weeks my mom has been having severe abdominal pains and tiredness. (Signs of a tumor) The doctor called her in immediately to have a blood test on Thursday. The doctor's did not call her back Thursday with test results so that was cause for even more worry.

Well, I got the following e-mail this afternoon:


My tumor marker test came back at 6.1. It dropped from 8.4 to 6.1. I said, "How did that happen?" And she said, "We don't know." "Am I blessed?" "You are blessed," she said. I started crying and couldn't stop when I got off of the phone. I am very emotional so wrote an email. I am anemic somewhat and she says I need to rest. They don't know why I am having abdominal pain. She said it could be the radiation and just doing too much. Anyway, I am very happy and am looking forward to resting this summer. I love you, mom

These results are most certainly due to the power of prayer. The tumor marker was 8.4when chemo ended. She has had no more treatment. The tumor marker has gone down on it's own without any medical intervention. This is the work of the Lord.

Please continue to pray for God's healing hands to touch my mother's body and restore her health. The threat and fear of cancer, for her, will never go away, but with your prayers and positive thoughts she has a really great chance of giving cancer the death penalty within her own body.

No comments: