Friday, May 16, 2008

The Storm

Wednesday night brought terrible storms to Central Texas. Our American Idol watching was interrupted several times by tornado watches and warnings. Adam (who claims to be an amateur meteorologist) kept assuring me things were fine. I finally decided to ignore by beloved and took Olivia for a "camping" trip in our closet. What do you know? Adam, Bella, Banjo, and Andy all decided to join us after Adam realized the severity of the storms. Being in a fairly small and confined place with a toddler, 2 beagles and a cat was very interesting. Anyway...we made it through with minimal damage!



I snapped a pic of some of our "survival" items in the closet.

1 comment:

Elissa said...

When we had the tornado here a few months ago (not the big Atlanta one, but one just in our area), I threw a can of formula, diapers, a bottle, diapers and the Boppy in there. Then, I lifted OUTRAGEOUSLY heavy boxes out of the top of the closet superwoman style so that they wouldnt fall on Reagan and my head. Steve wasnt home. We got into the closet for a minute, but I had to come out when I remembered the pets (guess I wasnt worrying about them). Anyway, it was past our house by then. I cant imagine what it was like for yall.