Sunday, November 30, 2008

Plucking

Preface:
Last weekend we were out shopping and Olivia overheard someone use the "F" word. We mentioned that it was a bad word and a few hours later she asked again if it was a "really" bad word. We emphasized that the "F" word was just about as bad as it gets. She seemed to understand. No mention of it since last Sunday.

Fast Forward to the Friday after Thanksgiving:
As mentioned in the previous post, the whole Shingleton side of the family was in Austin over Thanksgiving. Olivia and Campbell had a great time playing together and spent a lot of time running in and out of the living room putting on little shows etc...On Friday night, all the adults were sitting in our living room chatting when Olivia and Campbell came running in. Each had a toy cell phone in hand and they pointed the phones at each of us one by one as Olivia yelled "I am f$&king you" to each person individually...Great Grandma Jo and all...I think we were all in shock at first. Thad (Adam's brother) asked "Are you faxing us?" She looked at him with a "duh" look and said "No, I am f$&king you!"

Adam shot off the couch, picked her up, and carried her off into the other room. Grandma Jo was still asking "What did she say?" When Adam and Olivia arrived back in the living room, she shyly announced that she had been "plucking" everyone... like a turkey. She was the talk of the night. It was shocking at the time, but I get the giggles thinking about it now. She is, after all, just 3!

2 comments:

Johnson Boys said...

OMG that is a classic and one for the baby book for sure. I love it.Makes great memories for the holidays..

The Shingletons said...

Kent and I were reading this out loud together laughing SOOO hard!! OMG! I can see Jo Anne now!! "What did she say?" That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!! Have I mentioned that I wish I had been there!!!!! Cracked me up!!! THanks for sharing this. I'm sure I will be retelling this story to friends for a long time! So cute!