Saturday, November 22, 2008

Santa Claus...Oh No!

Olivia and I went to the mall today after her ballet class. The original plan was to see High School Musical 3, but, like mother like daughter, she decided she would rather shop instead. (That's my girl!) As we walked in, I looked down (we came in on the second floor) and saw Santa Claus sitting on his throne. I had not committed Olivia to a Santa picture this year because she has been telling me how terrified she is of Santa, but there were only 3 other strollered mom's in line. We waited in line for almost 2 hours last year. Today just seemed "meant to be." I started by asking Olivia if she would sit on Santa's lap. No go. Like a good mom, I just continued on towards Santa and took my place in line. Olivia was holding on to my hand for dear life. The closer we got, the harder she squeezed. When it was our turn...SCREAMING...blood curdling SCREAMS! People were staring over the upstairs railings wondering "what has Santa done this time!" (Last year he threw a child of his lap and stormed off the job--needless to say, new Santa this year!) Again, in my perfect mom-style, I leaned down and told Olivia that I would throw her pacifer in the trash if she did not sit on Santa's lap. (Mature--I know!) But, guess what? It worked. I put her on Santa's lap and she smiled. We have a smiling picture of Olivia on Santa's lap...4 years in a row! She told Santa what she wanted for Christmas and off we went! For the rest of our mall trip, every time she heard a child cry, she mentioned that those kids must be afraid of Santa! She was so proud of herself and I was so proud of her! I will post the picture soon.

1 comment:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

hey there. i'm a friend of Shawnah's and she has been telling me to look you up in austin.

we just moved here in august and are loving it.

hope you had a great thanksgiving!
:)Jamie