Friday, November 14, 2008

The Rockettes

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the Frank Irwin Center in Austin notifying me of some upcoming shows and events. I hadn't checked their website since Raven Symone disappointed Olivia (okay...well really it was me!) and cancelled her Pajama Party Tour. Several "family friendly" events are coming up but the only one with tickets already on sale was the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes. I have never seen the Rockette's but have always been interested. What little girl (woman) isn't at some point? I bought tickets for me, Adam, and Olivia. I was so excited...still am! Anyway...I got home and couldn't wait to tell Olivia all about it. Of course she had no idea what I was talking about. I explained (with great enthusiasm) who The Rockette's are and why they are SO COOL! With sarcasm, Olivia said...

"So, what other "fun stuff" do you have planned for us this Christmas?"

She went from 3 to 13 in about 2 seconds! I am in trouble!

I think that Olivia will really like the show regardless of her sarcasm, but just to get her back I told her that I was going to take her to sit on Santa's lap at the mall! (Her biggest fear of the season!) She screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOO!" I smiled.

Satisfaction!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my! She can be a sassy one, can't she? And because she's so adorable she can get away with it too. Just like her Mom and Aunt Sissie!

Johnson Boys said...

hehe... I love it!! I actually saw them in Nashvilee and LOVED it.. she will so want to be a dancer after that show. I just know she will say she is soowwy after she sees the show.

Amy H said...

Nice. You "won" against a 3 year old. Very funny.
:-)

The Shingletons said...

You will love the Rockettes! They are in Nashville every Christmas! We have seen them twice, but my girls are begging to go again! I'm trying to figure out how we can do it! I love it! Enjoy!