Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Electricity Off...Lightbulb On!

Preface: Olivia asks why we have to go to work almost everyday. Adam always explains that we go to work to make money so we can take care of her. She usually wants to see the money so he grabs a couple of coins and lets her put them in her piggy bank.

Yesterday the electricity went out at my office and after waiting for over half an hour, we all decided that it was time to go. I picked up Olivia around 3 p.m. which is pretty early. I usually get her between 5:30 and 6 p.m. When we got in the car, I explained that it was a great day because I got to pick her up early. I showed her the clock and explained that we had some extra time to play today. She, of course, asked "why?" I went on to explain about the electricity going out in the office and how we all had left early. She looked at me and thought...then said "So the 'tricity went out at work?" I answered "yes!" She said "Well are they still going to give you your money?"

Once again...such a funny little girl.

I called my dad to tell him about Olivia's new "funny" and after laughing for a minute he said, "she really is her mother's daughter!" I totally agreed.

After all, you always have to make sure that you have money for shopping!

And off to IKEA we went...

No comments: