Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Funny Girl

Olivia has been really funny lately. She seems to just come up with stuff and then when we laugh, she gets encouraged and makes us laugh even more. Below are some of her latest "funnies:"

On Saturday afternoon, Olivia was sitting on the big girl potty with her little Care Bear child potty seat to keep her from falling in. She was taking her time so I told her to hurry up because mommy had to go too. She looked up at me and said, "but you don't fit on my little seat." I replied, "You're right. Mommy's booty is too big for your little Care Bear seat." She looked right at me and said "Mommy! Big girl butts fit on my little potty seat but fat girl butts do not!" She had a point! Nice or not...it was hilarious.

Same day, different funny. Olivia and I were in Old Navy shopping for clothes. She was in her stroller and a little boy about her same age (not in a stroller) kept coming over and poking at her. She asked me "What is his name?" I told her that I did not know. Several minutes later, the little boy's mother called out to him. She said "Garrett! Come here!" Olivia looked at me, perplexed, and said "Mommy, that little boy's mommy named him Carrot!" Oh my goodness...it was so funny!

The last story has to be prefaced. Adam thinks that I am the worst driver. I think that he is a terrible backseat driver. The few times that I have driven with Adam in the car, he has given me lots of unsolicited advice. His favorite is to tell me that I need to have 2 hands on the wheel at all times. 10 and 2!

On Sunday, we were in the car and Adam was driving. (Of course!) He had one hand on the wheel and one hand in his lap. Out of nowhere Olivia says, "Daddy, you need two hands on the wheel at all times. 10 and 2!" Can I tell you how proud I was? I looked at Adam and said "You asked for that!" It was so funny and so rewarding all at once!

She listens to everything!

No comments: