Sunday, July 13, 2008

Notes on a Weekend Getaway

I have just come back from a fun weekend in Granbury, Texas. One of my very best friends, Lauren, got married on Saturday. I have some really fun photos to share!

In addition, Olivia attended a birthday party today at Gymboree. (It has been busy!) I have some adorable pictures to share from that party as well.

I plan to share my stories and photos a little later, but am writing now to ask for your prayers. My mom is having her biopsy tomorrow. The ideal outcome would be for the tumors to be non-cancerous, but I am not sure if that is realistic. I just ask that you pray for her recovery, for her health, and for doctor's strong minds and skilled hands. Per her request, I am not going to post much more, but please keep her in your prayers.

******

As I type, I am watching Extreme Home Makeover on television. There is a 19 year old boy on the show who was born without eyes and without the ability to fully extend his limbs leaving him blind and wheelchair bound. He is telling Ty Pennington that his blindness is NOT a disability, but an ability. He is able to see people for who they really are and not what they look like. He does not see skin color, but sees what is on the inside. This boy is truly an inspiration. He is so positive! He is currently attending college and plays the trumpet in his college marching band. He is the most amazing guy!

No comments: