Thursday, July 3, 2008

Quick Notes

I have been slow to post lately because Adam, Olivia, and I are on vacation. I am currently using my sister's laptop to make a quick entry. I have been getting geared up over the last few months to write an anniversary story of sorts. It has almost been a year since my mom found out that she had ovarian cancer. Over the last year my mom has had her share of hospital visits, blood transfusions, chemotherapy, hair loss, vomiting, cat scans, blood tests, and all the other "fun" stuff that comes with cancer. In March, she completed chemo and the last couple of CA 125 tests (the test that measures the likelihood of having another tumor) have come back low (the lower the better). *The lowest CA 125 result was 6.1. I felt called to read Psalm 6 that day. If you feel so inclined, take out your Bible and read Psalm 6. It was a message meant for that day and ultimately for suffer's of this disease (or any for that matter). The low test results have been a huge blessing over the last few months.

Last week my mom began having a lot of pain in her abdomen and running a low grade fever. The doctor called her in for CAT scan immediately.

I am sad to report that the results were not good. We knew the chances of this cancer coming back were great. We were praying the cancer would never return, but we were at least hoping for a little longer in remission. There are 2 tumors, both in the abdomen. The good news is that there is still no cancer in the lymph nodes, but the bad news is that she will most certainly have to endure more surgery, chemo, and experimental drug treatments.

The one year cancer-versary story will still come...August 2 is the day! But for today, I ask for your continued prayers for God's healing for my mother and for peace for her and for all of us that love her.

*****

Please also keep in your thoughts and prayers a friend of mine who recently lost her baby at 8 weeks gestation. Please pray for her peace and that her body and heart will soon be healed.

1 comment:

Johnson Boys said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers be strong God has a plan...let us know if you guys need ANYTHING