Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cake, Snow, Ice Princess, and iPod

All very random. I know! But I wanted to post a picture of the red velvet cake that I mentioned in the last post. I had never, ever had red velvet cake until last night...It is so good! I made it from scratch not from a box and it is moist and wonderful. (If I may say so myself!)


On another note, it snowed and iced last night. We took Olivia out to see the precipitation and I snapped a picture.


This morning I had to convince Olivia to wear her fleece pants and jacket by telling her that she was an ice princess and "Hello! All ice princesses wear fleece outfits in the snow!" She did look adorable!


And finally, the iPod story. Every Christmas since Olivia could talk, so the last 2, she has told me everything that Adam has gotten for me before Christmas. Not because I've asked, but because she gets so excited! I came home today and they were wrapping gifts. She immediately said "Mom, don't come in here. We are wrapping your presents and it's a surprise!" I figured that Adam had given her a lesson on NOT TALKING THIS YEAR! After he put all the wrapped gifts under the tree, he decided that he wanted to give me one gift early. (I did not oppose!) So, he picked out the gift to give and brought it over to me. Before I opened it, he said "guess what it is?" Olivia said "Well, it's not the ****, or the ****, and not the ****. He just stared at her. She mentioned that the gift I was opening was not any of the other stuff that he had purchased. So basically, I opened my new 16G iPod Nano (which is AWESOME!) but I now know what every other gift under the tree is as well! So much for surprises! At least she keeps my secrets!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Oh I miss you guys!!! I especially miss your girl. CAN NOT WAIT to see you all in a few weeks.