Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting Motivated, Texts, and A New Foot

This post is going to be a little "all over the place!"

Adam and I attended a "Get Motivated" seminar yesterday for work. There were a lot of fun and interesting speakers. Some of our favorites were Colin Powell, Rudy Giuliani, Zig Zigler, and Suze Orman. I took some photos and notes that I thought would be fun to share!

"Everyone has bad days, it just depends on how you handle them!" -Zig Zigler

"You are NOT a victim." -Zig Zigler

"Children spell love, T-I-M-E."-Zig Zigler

"In emotional situations, remain calm and remain focused." -Rudy Giuliani

"Weddings are discretionary, funerals are necessary. Be there for people during the bad times, not just the good!" -Rudy Giuliani

"Diversity is a source of strength."-Colin Powell

"You cannot go through life looking in the rearview mirror..." -Colin Powell

"Nobody knows anything for sure!"-Suze Ormann

"Times of great disruption bring us our greatest opportunities. Take advantage of adversity."-Rick Belluza






**************************************

On another note, Olivia is saying something a lot and it cracks me up! Every time my phone buzzes that I have a text or an e-mail message, she says "Don't worry mom, I am sure it was just a text!" Cracks me up that she already knows what that is!

**************************************

As many of you know, Adam's younger sister lost her right eye in a tragic accident on July 4th. Olivia has been very concerned about Bree (as we all have) since the accident. Bree recently got her glass eye and we explained to Olivia that now she has a new eye. Well, Adam broke his foot a couple of weeks ago, but just went to the doctor today (go figure!). When I picked Olivia up today, I told her that daddy had been to the doctor and that his foot was broken. She quickly asked "When's he gonna get his new one?"

I had to explain that he got a cast and that the bone would heal itself, but of course it was HILARIOUS! Kids are so cute!

1 comment:

Amy H said...

That is so great that you got to go to the Get Motivated event. I really wanted to go but we are just too busy at work. go figure.