Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Since it is Christmas time, I thought that I would share a few of my favorite things. Of course, I am talking about actual "things!" There are things that I LOVE about the Christmas season, but then there are actual "THINGS!" In the spirit of Christmas, I want to start with the things that I love about this time of year and then move onto the "stuff!"

I love Christmas lights. I could keep Christmas lights up all year round if it didn't look weird during the other 3 seasons of the year. In fact, when I was in high school, I had twinkle lights around the window in my room that I kept up all year. I love how they make a dark room sparkle and give off a soft light.

I absolutely love Christmas cookies and candy. I received a lovely box of homemade Christmas candies from a friend at work and they are delicious. Chocolate covered pretzels, almond bark, fudge, etc...they are all so yummy.

I love how Olivia is so interested in the Christmas story. We talk everyday about Jesus and how we are celebrating His birthday at Christmas. She loves the song "Breath of Heaven" or "Mary's Song." We listen to it over and over again and she never gets tired of it. I put out our nativity scene last night and she played with it for about an hour as if it were a dollhouse, but Jesus was always being born and the 3 kings and animals were coming to look over him. Adam and I got her several children's bible story books and devotionals for Christmas. I can't wait to read them to her.

I like how Olivia truly believes in the spirit of Santa Claus and Christmas. I do too! We were talking about the Christmas stockings last night and she was worried about how Nana would get her stocking in Heaven. I assured her that the celebration in Heaven would be huge. She is there with Jesus to celebrate in person. The party will be much better than our celebration, I am sure of it!

I love hot chocolate and sitting by the Christmas tree. I also love a good Christmas movie. I don't LOVE the traditional movies, but some of my favorites are:
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Prancer-especially when the little girl sings so loudly in church
The Santa Claus
Love Actually
Serendipity-I categorize this as Christmas, though it is on my favorite list all year!
Home Alone
Fred Claus
Oh! There are so many!

And some of my favorite Christmas songs:
Dan Fogelberg-Same Old Lang Syne
Faith Hill-Where are you Christmas?
Amy Grant-I Need a Silent Night
Transiberian Orchestra-Christmas Cannon
Dolly Parton-Hard Candy Christmas
Mariah Carey-All I Want for Christmas
Vince Guaraldi-Greensleeves (This was the song I danced to with my dad at my wedding. It does not have words but he used to sing words to me. I love it!)

Okay...so enough of my rambling...now onto some fun "things!"


I ordered this swim suit for Olivia and Amanda from Gymboree.Com. I think that Reagan is going to be sporting the same suit come summer time too! All 3 girls will be adorable in their little zebra swimwear!


I hope that this becomes a favorite thing. I decided to upgrade my phone one last time before I leave my job. Several of my friends have Blackberry's and highly recommended them! As my sister would probably say "Oh no! A crackberry!" Sorry Liss. I am joining the dark side!


As I mentioned, I love hot chocolate. Starbuck's is the very best. I try to recreate their hot chocolate at home, but it is just never the same!


And finally, Scrabble. My mom loved playing Scrabble. We played in the hospital almost everyday. Facebook has online Scrabble and I am addicted. I love it. If you like word games, search Facebook for Scrabble or Scramble. (You can play Scramble alone.) Challenge me to a game of Scrabble. I am not very good, but I would love to play!

P.S. To all who voted in my Christmas china poll... THANK YOU! It was 80% Mikasa to 20% Spode. I will give you this much information...I love the Mikasa. My friend is not getting either. Long story...but "said" friend was not impressed with my poll! HAHA!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

YEAH! Reagan and Livie will have the same swimming suit! I also got Reagan the flip flops. Great minds think alike. Steve says you have indeed joined the dark side with the Blackberry. He forbids me to have one. DANG HIM! The only reason that I say that is because I WANT ONE! When our business gets going, I will NEED ONE! See you in a few days.