Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Road Trip

Olivia, Amanda, and I traveled to Dallas last weekend. It was Amanda's first trip and of course, my first trip by myself with the girls. Amanda slept the entire way to Dallas on Friday and both girls slept the entire car ride home on Sunday. I am so lucky to have good travelers. Olivia started traveling around 4 weeks and has always been good in the car. Hopefully Amanda will follow in her footsteps. So far, so good.

One of my very best friends, Lauren, had her little boy on 2.26.09 so Amanda got to meet her future boyfriend while we were in Dallas. He is a cutie and looks just like his daddy already. I know it's sort of "faux pas" to take an infant to the hospital to visit another infant, but we broke the rules this one time. It was totally worth it to see the little angels together!


Tate and Amanda

Tate and Amanda

Grand Nanny Reavis with Tate and Me with Amanda

Me, Amanda, Lauren, and Tate

The next set of pictures are some that my dad took at his house and shared with me yesterday. I took my camera, but didn't take any photos. I think I was too busy sleeping!

Amanda loved being walked and held by her Gramps. I got a break because Gramps handled most of the feedings and walked the baby to sleep each night. When I arrived home, I was recapping the weekend for Adam and told him how nice it was to have Gramps and KK watch the girls while I slept in. Adam said "Gramps DOES love his girls!" So true!


Sleeping on the couch in front of the fire. So cozy!

AWAKE!

More sleep.

Uncle Drew holds Amanda for the first time.

As always, Olivia had a great time playing with Drew and Pierce. She even decided that she no longer wants to marry her daddy (good thing!) but now wants to marry her Uncle Pierce (not so good thing!). I guess there's always Arkansas! HAHA!

No comments: