Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ladies of the 80's

If you are female and grew up in the 80's and early 90's than you most likely played with Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, My Little Pony, Pound Puppies or all of the above! I was a fan of all--imagine that?

Well, guess what is making a come back?

I know! It's crazy...but Olivia is totally into Strawberry Shortcake these days. She got 2 Strawberry Shortcake t-shirts, a doll, and about 10 Strawberry Shortcake DVD's for Christmas. Not only that, Target has a TON of Strawberry Shortcake items in their dollar section right now! Lucky for me...for Valentine's Day!



She also got a Care Bear movie for her birthday, a Care Bear t-shirt for Christmas and has a little Care Bear stuffed animal that she loves!



Olivia also got a My Little Pony for Christmas that she is really having fun with and McDonald's has My Little Pony's in their little girl's happy meals! I did some after Christmas shopping and found some great deals on My Little Pony stuff for her birthday or next Christmas. (Borders has some cool stuff in their Bonus Books section and they are really economical! Adam thinks that I am crazy for planning next year's gifts this early. Maybe I am?)



And if all that wasn't enough, I was browsing Hallmark the other day and saw...


Pound Puppies!!!

I think it is really cool that all of these toys are coming back. It is so neat that Olivia is playing with the same things that I played with when I was a kid. I still haven't gotten her to fall in love with Barbie, yet--she was my ultimate favorite--but she is still a little young. There is hope!



I thought all of these toys would be a fun "blast from the past" on this chilly Sunday night in Texas! (And I napped too long and have nothing to do!)

Enjoy and Have a Great Week!

1 comment:

Johnson Boys said...

yeah and Costco is running a special deal on Teddy Ruxpin.. the new and improved. I am so excited. I love to see all these toys come back sure better than some of that new stuff that seems so far out there.