Friday, January 9, 2009

Sci-Fi, Vampires, Fantasy Worlds, & Superheros

I am not interested in any of the above. Never have been. I can't stand Harry Potter movies. The Matrix was the worst movie that I have ever paid $$$ to see. The Fantastic Four: not at all. Heroes: I have never seen an episode. Lost: Once the weird stuff starting happening, I was out! I even have a hard time with some fairy tales because of the "magic" element. I generally like more realistic stories. I enjoy movies, books, and t.v shows that do not include any form of fantasy or dark twists, which is why what I am about to say is strange to, well, even me!



Several of my friends have been reading the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. Everyone has been going on and on about these books, much like they did about Harry Potter. I have not been tempted. That is until...a friend stayed up all night reading to finish the series. All night! I have only stayed up all night to finish one book and it was a murder mystery. I was afraid to sleep until the killer had been caught. People, my age, are staying up all night to read these teen vampire novels? I have to admit...it made me interested. I had to see what all the hype was about!

Another admission...I am hooked. I am not through book 1 (Twilight) yet but already went out and purchased book 2 (New Moon) to have on hand when I finish. If you are a fantasy, sci-fi fan or love vampires then you have probably already read the series but, whether you are male or female, old or young, into "it" or "not," I think you should read these books. They are a fun, quick read and so addictive!

Now, before I start sounding "freaky and scientific," I will conclude! (No offense!)

P.S. I know the last couple of posts have been "book reviews." I promise to have better "stuff" to talk about soon!!!

No comments: