Thursday, April 10, 2008

And I Find Myself Asking...

Adam and I were watching "The Soup" on the E! channel last night when across the bottom news scroll came news of a celebrity couples engagement. I originally missed the names of the betrothed celebs but of course it didn't take long for the scroll to restart and the news to spread like wildfire!

Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz are engaged.

Those of you that know me well can attest to my loyal devotion to the spawn of Joe and Tina Simpson. I just can't get enough of the candy pop music, cheesy magazine covers, B movies, and the bags...oh how these gals can pick out a hand bag! (I am not being sarcastic! I have been to several "Simpson" concerts and read every gossip magazine to keep up with "my girls!" Yes, I even rented Blonde Ambition!)

Anyhow, I never took a huge liking to Pete Wentz and Ashlee's "togetherness." Nothing personal. I just always assumed that he and Ashlee were together for publicity and that one day Pete would settle down with a nice boy and Ashlee would end up with Ryan Cabrera. Though come to think of it, Ryan and Pete would be a really cute couple too! It now appears as though I was way off base.

This is where the E! channel comes back into the story. There is a fairly new show on E! called Pop Fiction. Stars "punk" (as Ashton would have it) the papparazzi by making up fake stories and getting the "paps" to follow them, take photos, and publish their stories. Then the stars come out and say something into the camera to the effect of "Don't believe everything you read in tabloid magazines. When reading a good celeb gossip story ask yourself..."

IS THIS REAL? OR IS IT POP FICTION?

And all morning, I have been asking myself the same about Pete and Ashlee's big annoucement. I just keep waiting for the joke to be on us! Could this be real? Or is it all POP FICTION?

No comments: