Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 2-Will It Be A Success?

Olivia has been working on potty training for over a year now. Why so long? I can be a little competitive (No? Me?) and some of my friends were trying to potty train their children around the time of Olivia's first birthday. (No mind that their kids were 6 mos to a year older. My kid's a genius!) I immediately went out and bought her a little potty and started asking her to use it. Over the last year we have had some successes and as well as digressions. She has gone days using the potty and then begged for a diaper. I have never taken her in the car or to daycare without a diaper...that is, until yesterday. Olivia has been coming home each day and putting on her BGP's (Big Girl Panties) and using the potty. So, yesterday I gave her the option of wearing her BGP's or a diaper to school. She chose the BGP's. I was a little concerned but I told her on the way to school that if she had an accident that it was "ok." I kept telling her not to worry and not to be embarrassed if she went "tee tee" in her panties. It is the trying that counts!

I went to pick her up yesterday and SUCCESS! She used the potty all day at school and didn't even want her teachers help. She did it all by herself! I was so excited for her. Adam and I took her out to dinner to celebrate her success. She got to have her favorite, Mexican food. She ordered a cheese quesadilla and poured queso all over the top. We did have to make 4 trips to the restroom while at the restaurant, which was a pain! But, after all the potty training horror stories that I have heard...I feel pretty lucky!

She went to school today with BGP's again! Pray for success!

I am such a proud momma!

2 comments:

Elissa said...

I knew school might change her mind about it. Good for her. Give her some stickers if she made it again today! :-)

Johnson Boys said...

aww way to go Livvie oh I mean "Sissy", my mommy tells my daddy he needs those sometimes BGP, but wouldnt it really be BBP (Big Boy Panties)anyway Congratulations, I will see you this weekend.
Luv Cooper