Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Name Game

I am going to preface this "mini rant" with the fact that Sissy's preschool is on my way to work so I usually take her and pick her up each day.

So, here is the story...

On Friday afternoon Adam left work early and picked Sissy up from school. Perfect. I worked a little later than usual and headed home. All is good.

Fast Forward to Monday.

Adam calls me to let me know that he will be leaving work early again and will pick Sissy up from school. Score!

I get home from work Monday and Sissy tells me that her name is "Olivia Jane." I am impressed.

"Did you talk about middle names at school today?"

The "HUH" look.

I think nothing of this other than "Oh! Who knows? Sissy likes her middle name! Fine!"

Fast Forward (Again)...8 p.m. Monday night.

I go to get Sissy's daily report out of her backpack and notice the name on the top says Olivia Jane. Hmmm! So, I ask Adam "Do you know why they are calling Sissy "Olivia Jane" now?

"Yeah, I told them on Friday that I don't like Sissy and to start calling her Olivia Jane from now on!"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! WHAT???????????????


Red Face! Red Face! Red Face!

Talk about confusion. I won't get into my full response to HIS decision to change the name that they call her at school. That would take way to much time and space, but I will say this: After talking to her (calmly) and asking her what name she prefers, we have decided to stick with Olivia Jane. (This should also prevent any further confusion as to "Who am I?") I guess I figure if he could let the whole Tubee thing go...I could let Sissy go.

Though to me, her Aunt Sissy, and cousin Reagan, she will ALWAYS be Sissy!

2 comments:

The Shingletons said...

I still call maci "sissy". I think it is good to have names that are only special to certain people. Jared was "jarbear" to our family and many people at our old church. Bear ended up being what we called him a lot. When we go back to Exchange, some people still call him "bear". I think he kind of likes it. It brings back great memories. My email is shawnahss@hotmail.com
Check out Oatsvalls blog from mine. Look at the people she has put on hers. YOU HAVE TO FIND ME SOME!! Later girl! Shawnah

Elissa said...

No more Sissy?! To be honest, I kind of liked that Sissy was just our name for "the girls". I might be cheering a silent cheer for her to go back to Olivia...Jane.