Friday, April 11, 2008

What I've Learned

The MSN lifestyle section does a series of articles called "What I've Learned." I was reading through one of these articles yesterday in which a 99 year-old heart surgeon from Houston is being interviewed. I thought that he had a lot of interesting things to say and really enjoyed the article. After reading about Michael DeBakey, I went on to read several other "What I've Learned" interviews and picked out some interesting lessons to think about and share.

From Michael DeBakey--

"In any good society, every member should be interested in the health of every other member. Because if any member is unhealthy, it's a burden on society."

From Bob Dylan--

"Don't go mistaking paradise for that home across the road."

From Steve Winwood--

"If you're not early, you're late."

From Carrie Fisher--

"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die."

No comments: