Friday, March 21, 2008

Brilliant Ideas

I received a Starbuck's gift card for V-day (Thanks Mom!) and registered it on their website. I wasn't really sure why they wanted customers to register gift cards since I am sure most just use the balance and toss them, but I was curious. The process was fairly simple and I even decided to add a couple of dollars to my card balance--just for fun. It has been about 3 weeks since I registered and so far, I have received $5.00 added to my card for free from Starbuck's. I have to say, registering the card was worth it just for that latte and a half that the $5.00 got me!

Anywho, the point of all of this is that I now get periodic e-mails from Starbuck's. Today I got an e-mail with a link to a Starbuck's Idea site. They are asking customers to go online and submit ideas about how to improve their coffee, distribution, stores, etc... I quickly decided that I must submit an idea. (Really I am just hoping that they add another free $5.00 to my account. You know, as a "thank you" for my brilliant idea!) Since I had not posted on the blog yet today, I figure...I will share my idea with all of you as well...

And if you really want to show me love, go to: http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/home/home.jsp
And VOTE for my idea!! *You never know? Those votes might get me more free coffee!

Below is a copy of my Starbuck's Post

Starbuck's Vending Machines-Be Your Own Barista

I think that Starbuck's would make lots of money and make many customers happy of course, if they offered Starbuck's vending machines. Insert $$$, select size, select drink type and flavor, and Whaa La...a hot Starbuck's coffee. These would be great in office buildings, hospitals, train stations, airports (though most have a Starbuck's these days), schools, banks, dorms, and shopping malls. Some would say that you see a Starbuck's on every corner these days, but it seems that when I need one most...there is no barista to be found. These vending machines would ensure that coffee lovers everywhere could get caffeinated almost anywhere!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

I cant find your idea in order to vote, but I like it. I agree that they already have a lot of Starbucks in a lot of places. However, I have heard that they are going to close many down, so the vending machine may be the perfect way to replace them at cheaper cost. I would use it!