Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Random Thoughts Time Again...

This is my random thought for the week. (I say "week" but I have these random thoughts quite randomly!) I go to H-E-B regularly and when I say "regularly," I mean at least 7-10 times a week. Sometimes twice in one day, like on Saturday. Anyhow, my thought is: Why do sackers, both young and old, think it necessary to put each item in its own bag? Seriously? Last week I purchased a total of 22 items and came home with 18 sacks. Is this a new rule or something? It happens every time. I see why environmentalists want to ban plastic sacks. There is a gross overabundance. Can't they train the baggers to put at least 3-5 items or more per bag? Sometimes I think it's a game or a challenge for the person doing the sacking. "How many bags can I send her outta here with?" I know the easy answer to this dilema is to bring by own canvas grocery sacks. And I have good intentions. I have several of these fancy, shmancy eco-friendly bags, but it is so hard to remember to bring them with me.

Speaking of eco-friendly, Adam and I switched our electric company to a more eco-friendly provider and we have changed all of our light bulbs to the energy saving kind. It's a start for us and it was his idea after all. Now, if I can only get him to turn of the lights and t.v. when he leaves a room...***

On another note, I put the memory card back in my camera and took some adorable pictures of Adam, Olivia, Bella, Banjo, and Andy all cuddled up on the couch together last night. Guess what? Didn't download them yet. More to come...

No comments: