Friday, March 7, 2008

School Daze

I took Olivia to visit her new school and meet her new teacher today. She loved it. I pretty much had to drag her out of the classroom when it was time to leave. I am hoping that she loves it as much on her first day. The teacher seems really nice. She has been with the school for 7 years in the same class and has an 8 year old daughter. She seems to love children and takes a strong interest in each child in the classroom. Olivia even gave her a hug when it was time to leave. So all-in-all, I think that we are making the right move.

Speaking of school, Adam is teaching a kindergarten class all day as a part of Washington Mutual's volunteer work with Junior Achievement. Anyone that knows Adam will see why I think this is such a great story. Adam and 20+ little kids in a classroom together all day long. He was doing his lesson plan last night. He is teaching them all about the bank and money. He had a story book, money stickers, little banks, and workbooks for each of the kids. (Don't think that he went to the trouble of getting all of the materials--they were provided. He's good, but not THAT good!) Anyway, I have to say that I am proud of him for doing it. I am sure that he will have a lot of funny stories to share when he gets home tonight. Lucky me!

No comments: