Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Olivia loves Idol

Adam and I have gotten into the habit of watching American Idol. From my previous posts, you all know that Olivia loves Dora. Well...last night she asked us if we could watch "Idol." Not Dora, but Idol. That makes a momma proud. We have found something else that grabs Olivia's attention. She did speak Spanish to us through most of the broadcast and did ask to watch Dora when it was over, but we are making progress! Adam and I like to rate each contestant and imitate the judges so Olivia has started doing that as well. She hasn't quite gotten the "It was just alright for me, dog" or the "That was karoke and caberet," sayings down yet, but she does say "Mommy, I no like her!" And she sings along. Last night was John Lennon and Paul McCartney night. It warmed my heart to hear Olivia singing "Let It Be."

For those of you wondering, we are fans of:
Chikezie (or "Cheesy" as he is known at our house)
Jason Castro
Brooke White
and mom's fav...Michael Johns!
And there is no doubt that David Archuleta is good, but last night..."STINKER!"

1 comment:

dgaston. said...

EWWWW! Cheezy??? No Ma'am, I thought for sure that your favorite would be mine...Ramiele Malubay! I love her!