Thursday, March 6, 2008

Long Nights

Last night was a really long night. I have these LONG nights about once a week. (I think it has to do with a toddler, cat, and snoring husband in my bed--oh and occasionally 2 beagles too.) I wake about 1 a.m. and have big trouble falling asleep again. I laid in bed for over an hour last night before taking my pillow and favorite throw blanket and getting in Olivia's "big girl bed" or BGB. I actually fell asleep for about an hour when I heard Olivia calling for a pacifer. (Oh yeah, she was sprawled out in my place in my bed!) I guess Adam assumed that I was still in bed. I thought for sure that he would turn over and get the "bop." Nope! She called over and over again. I finally stomped into the room flinging the door open and let out a huge S-I-G-H! He looked up and said "Where were you?" Sleeping of course! AGGGHHH! I rescued the bop and got it safely back into Olivia's mouth and laid back down next to her. AWAKE. At least another hour. I hit snooze at least 4 times this morning.

****
On another note, one of my co-workers brought in a huge box of Mary Kay make-up products that her daughter was to sell and never did. That meant that all of the ladies in the office got to go on a make-up shopping spree. And it was all FREE! (So it wasn't really shopping! Even better!) Anyway, that sort of makes up for my tiredness. A little silver lining! Or should I say dusty pink lip liner?

No comments: