Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Husband Experiment

***ATTENTION READERS: This blog entry contains confidential information not to be shared with any other members of the Adam Shingleton household because scientific data is being collected. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!***

I have been doing a little "science" project at home. Here is how it all got started: Adam NEVER replaces the toilet paper roll. I hate going into the bathroom and finding an empty roll, but about 2 weeks ago I decided to see how long it would take him to finally bring more tissue into the bathroom. Yes, you read that correctly...2 weeks ago. Last night as I laid awake clinging to the edge of the bed trying to win my place on the mattress against a fat orange cat, a beagle, a little girl, and my snoring husband, I started really wondering how long it would be until he put new paper on the roll. I was betting against myself. Would it be this morning? Another week? Ever? I finally put myself to sleep (thank goodness!) but awoke this morning to find the old brown, cardboard tube staring at me as I went to start my shower. Tubee (that's toob-eee) and I are becoming old friends. I will almost be sad to see him go when Adam does finally decide to change the roll. Tubee never criticizes my stretch marks or cares if I use all the hot water. He just hangs there quietly minding his own business and observing our daily hygiene routines, all the while knowing that his time in our bathroom is limited. (Or should be!) Though I will miss my little Tubee, I am hoping that my little experiment will work out in my favor. If so, I won't be making friends with many more cardboard tubes and this one will go quietly into the trash without protest. I love you TUBEE!

1 comment:

Johnson Boys said...

OMG..this is hilarious..I am afraid you and Tubee will be friends FOREVER.Husbands dont notice stuff like that but makes ya wonder how is is wiping..lol. I can not believe you took an actual picture of Mr Tubee..LMAO.
Your Great Neighbor & Partner in CRIME
Renee