Monday, March 3, 2008

Yard of the Month Club

Sunday afternoons, for me, usually consist of long naps, hot baths, reading, maybe a little yard work or a walk...apparently not for my husband. Last Sunday I woke up from a nap and found his car parked in the front lawn with a cable tied on one end to his trailer hitch and the other to leafy, green bushes in our front yard. Yes, in Hank Hill fashion, he was pulling the bushes out one by one. I said nothing, although I was somewhat fond of those bushes and definitely sad to see them go.

Fast forward one week...

AND...
Yes, you are seeing the chain of events as they unfolded...Hammer? Check. Brick wall collapsed? Check. All bushes and plants removed and in trash? Check.
I have no idea what was going through Adam's mind when he decided to uproot our entire garden. I am not asking questions...just hoping for the plant fairy to come deliver something beautiful in my broken down garden. Does anyone know a good brick doctor?





1 comment:

Elissa said...

This cracks me up. After seeing it Steve asked, "Does Adam not look at this blog? He might get mad at Lauren." My response was, "More mad than she was to see her bushes ripped out without consultation?" His response, "Good point." Men...