Monday, March 10, 2008

Olivia's Weekend Adventures

Adam woke up yesterday with adventure on his mind. He suggested a picnic in the Hill Country, a wildlife park in New Braunfels, or the Zoo. We decided to take Olivia to the San Antonio Zoo. The drive is almost 2 hours, so I made sure to pack a backpack (or packpack as Olivia says) with all of the essentials. I even remembered the camera! I was in super-mom mode and of course super proud of myself...that was until we got to the zoo and I whipped out the camera. After 4 pictures, the camera gave me a message that said "memory card full." I just knew this was a mistake. We have a memory card that holds 1000 pictures and I'd just erased everything last week. We should have at least 996 more shots. (Hmm! Last week...did I put the card back in the camera?) Ugh!!! There was no memory card in the camera. I noticed this right as we were making our way into the zoo, so I ran over to one of the 4 billion gift shops and guess what? No memory cards. Anywhere. I had to buy a disposable camera for $14.00 to take my 27 pictures. So needless to say, I will not be posting any adorable photos of Olivia with the flamingos or Olivia petting the baby goats. Nope, super mom will have to take her disposable over to Wally-World to get the pictures developed...old school style. Do they even develop film anymore? (HAHA! Just Kidding!)

Even though I don't have any pictures (right now), we had a great time. Olivia's favorite animals were the monkeys and the hippos. I have to admit that I really liked the zoo too! Olivia had so much fun and was so worn out that she fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot. We had a quiet ride home. I think that we were all pretty worn out.

***

When we got home from the zoo last night, Olivia told me that she wanted a baby sister. Her friend Logan's mom just had a baby and we see them at ballet every Saturday. Olivia has decided that this is really cool, so she wants one too. I told her that mommy and daddy would love for her to have a baby brother or sister and that maybe one day mommy would have a baby. She looked at me so seriously and said "Mommy, I am gurl." (Yes, that's GURL). "I could have the baby." That is no joke. She really said that. She is 2! I am somewhere between proud and shocked. Proud because she realizes that she is a girl and will someday have babies (if she chooses) and shocked that she is 2 and realizes that she can have babies. (Not now of course! I know how puberty works.) I told her "You are right. You can have a baby when you are 35 and married!" She agreed. (Thank Goodness!) Several of my friends mentioned that their children started requesting a sibling around 2 1/2 but I didn't think that Olivia would since she prides herself on being "mommy's baby." The jokes on me! Time will tell, I suppose...

***

We are on our final count down for school...Olivia cannot wait. 4 1/2 more days...YEE HAW!

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Super-Mom, you can get a CD made of your pictures even with a disposable camera.